|Razelle||Date: Thursday, 2021-01-28, 3:22 PM | Message # 1|
Group: Staff Team
Arms Lore is a skill
used in the crafting of certain items and to identify the condition of a weapon. However as to the latter use, any character can determine the same information via the item's tooltip
. On UO Stones, at the skill level of 120, all items crafted will have maximum durability.
- Professional Title: Warrior
- Maximum Skill Possible: 120
- NPC Trainers: Armorer, Blacksmith, Blacksmith Guildmaster, Weaponsmith, Weapons Trainer, Fighter, Warrior, Mercenary, Paladin, Merchant Guildmaster, and Warrior Guildmaster.
Arms Lore compliments the crafting of armor and weapons in the following ways.
- At 120 skill, it yields the maximum durability on all crafted items.
- Gives a +1% Damage Increase bonus to all exceptionally crafted weapons for every 20 skill points (up to +5% at Grandmaster), (1% for every 12.5 points ArmsLore, up to +8% at Grandmaster on Shard Siege Perilous).
- Gives +1% in a random resistance on exceptionally crafted armor for every 20 skill points (up to +5% at Grandmaster), (1% for every 12.5 points of ArmsLore, up to +8% at Grandmaster on Shard Siege Perilous).
- these bonuses apply to all crafted weapons (metal or wood) and armors (leather, metal, and wood)
- these bonuses stack, or combine, with properties imparted by Runic Tools.
- 0 - 30: Unlike several skills, there is no accelerated skillgain quest for Arms Lore. Train at an NPC Blacksmith, Armorer, or Warrior Guildmaster
- 30 - 100: Activate the skill, see below.
To use Arms Lore you can either create a Macro
, take out the Skill Gump Icon
, or press the blue button next to its name in the Skill Gump
. Doing so will bring up a targeting cursor and a system message asking, "What item do you wish to get information about?"One of the easier ways is to set create about 200 daggers
, secure them in your house as this will be too many too hold, and using Razor, create a macro using Arms Lore, then target a dagger. After this, right click the "Absolute Target" in your macro, and select "Target by Type." This will randomly select any of the 200 daggers so long as you remain standing near them.Target the piece of weapon or armor you want to learn about. There are two possible outcomes:
- Failure - A system message says, "You are not certain..."
- Success - A system message says, "You study the item in an attempt to learn more about its craftsmanship and use."